DR. PRANAY KUMAR GUPTA
Department of Psychology
College of Commerce, Arts and Science, Patna
Field of specialization: - Clinical Psychology (M.Phil. in Medical and Social Psychology from Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi in 1996).
Certified Clinical Psychologist by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi. from 31.03.1998 (Certificate no. RCI/A00665)
(A) Name and other details of Research Scholar, successfully guided for Ph.D. Degree
(B). Minor Research Project:- Have completed a Minor Research Project entitled “Role of Counselling-Cells in the Promotion of Mental Health of the Students Pursuing Higher Education in Bihar” under UGC Minor Research Project in 2018.
(C) Research Papers published, if any
(D) Seminars, Conferences attended/paper presented
- Attended workshop for clinical psychologist at Blind Men’s Association, Ahmedabad sponsored by National Institute for the Visually Handicapped, Dehradun, Nov, 6-10, 1995.
- Attended seminar on “Developments in Clinical Psychology” at NIMHANS, Bangalore. January, 20-21, 1997.
- Presented paper entitled “Efficacy of MMPI in differentiating between Paranoid Schizophrenics and Manics” at 23rd National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists held at Manipal, January 23-25, 1997.
- Presented paper entitled “Psycho-physical Health of the Aged as a function of Locus of Control” at National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists held at Jaipur, February 3-5, 2006.
- Facilitator at the IAAP workshop on “Psychological Care for Disaster Survivors” at College of Commerce, Patna on 28th November, 2008.
- Presented paper entitled “Emotional Intelligence and Health of the Adolescents” at 2nd Bihar Science Conference held at Patna, January 30-01 February, 2009.
- Presented paper entitled “Yoga as moderator of life-events and health among the aged” at the national seminar on recent trends in applied psychology held at Patna on 23-24 January, 2010.
- Presented paper entitled “Anxiety and Depression among the Unemployed” at the national seminar on recent trends in applied psychology held at Patna on 23-24 January, 2010.
- Participated in International conference on “Education and Social Inclusion” held at Patna on 25-27 November,2011.
- Participated in the state level training /workshop on “Psychosocial care in Disaster” on 7th to 9th December, 2011 at Patna organized by TDH
- Participated as a resource person in the U.G.C. sponsored state level workshop on Management of Stress among Children and Adolescents organized by Dept. of Psychology, Patna Women’s College, Patna on 1st and 2nd March, 2012.
- Presented paper at U.G.C. sponsored national seminar on Impact of Globalization on Education organized by Dept. of Psychology, Government Women’s College, Gardanibagh, Patna on 24th and 25th March 2012.
- Presented paper entitled “Quality of community life and subjective well-being of the aged” at U.G.C. sponsored national seminar on Emerging Dynamics of Ageing- From awareness to action” by Dept. of Psychology, Government Women’s College, Gulzarbagh, Patna on 11th and 12th September 2012.
- Participated in the workshop on “Mental Health” on 13th October, 2012 at Patna organized by Centre of Psychological Sciences, Central University of Bihar.
- Presented paper entitled “Religious Presentation and Perceived Health of the Aged” at U.G.C. sponsored national seminar by Dept. of Psychology, Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi on 24th and 26th December, 2012.
- Presented paper entitled “Emotional Intelligence and Psychological Well-Being of the Elderly” at U.G.C. sponsored National conference of Indian Psychological Association by University Dept. of Psychology, Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur on November, 25-26, 2013.
- Presented paper entitled “Effects of Chief Minister’s Bicycle Scheme on the Self-esteem and Self-efficacy of the Secondary School’s Girl students of Bihar” at U.G.C. sponsored seminar by the Dept. of Psychology, Ganga Devi Mahila College, Patna, Bihar on May 06-07, 2014.
- Presented paper entitled “Psychological Empowerment of Women and Marital Sexual Violence” at U.G.C. sponsored national seminar on Marital Sexual Violence by Youth in India by Dept. of Psychology, G.D.M. College, Harnaut, at A. N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna on December, 13-14, 2014.
- Presented paper entitled “Role of ICT Based Education for Rural and Remotely Located Communities” at U.G.C. sponsored national seminar on “The Role of Information Technology in History” by the Department of History, S.M.D. College, Punpun, Patna on 12-13th March, 2016.
- Participated in Sensitization Workshop for Promotion of Research in the Universities of Bihar (Under the aegis of Raj Bhavan, Patna) held on May, 29,2019.
- Resource Person for CRE programme on Cross-Sectoral Scheme in Education, Health and Employment and Rural Development: Policy Interphase, delivered lecture on “New Education Scheme in Disability Field” held between 12th July to 14th July, 2019 at IIHER, Patna.
- Participated in training on “National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Participants” conducted by ICMR-RMRIMS Patna on 16 July, 2019.
- Participated in workshop on Digital Initiatives in Higher Education in Bihar (under the aegis of DTH SWAYAM Prabha of MHRD & IIT, Madras, Chennai organized by Patliputra University, Patna on 9-10 August, 2019.
- Presented paper entitled “The Right of Persons with Disabilities” in the State Level Continuing Rehabilitation Education (CRE) Programme held at Indian Institute of Health Education and Research, Beur, Patna in collaboration with National institute of Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (Divyagjan) Chennai held from 4-5 December, 2019
- Participated in An Update on ICMR National Ethical Guidelines with special Reference to Epidemiological Research” organized by ICMR Bioethics Unit, National Centre for Disease Informatics and Research, Bengaluru on 3rd November, 2020.
- Presented paper entitled “Parents notification and consent in Early Intervention”, in National Level Continuing Rehabilitation Education program Organized Indian Institute of Health Education and Research, Beur, Patna, Bihar from 14th to 16th of December, 2020.
- Participated in ICMR Training on Roles and Responsibilities of Ethics Committee Members organized by ICMR Bioethics Unit, National Centre for Disease Informatics and Research, Bengaluru on 16th March, 2021.
- Participated in an interactive workshop on Good Clinical Trial Practices (GCP) organized by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers on 15th May, 2021.
- Participated in an interactive workshop on New Drugs and Clinical Trials (NDCT) organized by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers on 23rd May, 2021.
- Participated in 47th National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist held virtually between 28-30 May, 2021
- Successfully completed Online one week Faculty Development Programme on “Psychological Skills for Effective Teaching and Learning” from 01-07 June, 2021 and obtained Grade A+ organized under the aegis of Ministry of Education Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.by the Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.
(E) Contributions to Academic Environment:
Served as an Executive Editor of “Indian Journal of Psychological Issues” from January, 2014 to October,2017. It is a peer reviewed journal (ISSN No. 0972-4427) published since 1992.
(F) Institutional Corporate Life:-
- IQAC Co-ordinator from 01.09.2014 to 10.08.2017 at S. M. D. College, Punpun, Patna.
- Served as the Head of the Department of Psychology at S. M. D. College, Punpun, Patna from 25/03/2014 to 24/03/2017.
- Worked as the Joint Controller of Examination at Magadh University, Bodh-Gaya from 11.08.2017 to 21/06/2018.
- Worked as the Additional Controller of Examination at Patliputra University, Patna from 12.09.2018 to 13.01.2020.
- Worked as the Nodal Officer for University Management Information System (UMIS) at Patliputra University, Patna from 06.05.2019 to 13.01.2020.
- Worked as the Additional Controller of Examination at Patliputra University, Patna from 09.10.2020 to 12.04.2021.
(G) Membership of the learned societies with year:-
1.Life Member of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP) since 21.12.2009.
2. Member of Ethics Committee, ICMR-RMRIMS, Patna since 10.07.2019